Student Participation

 My Performance for Student Participation

 

This module has been an enlightening journey that has significantly increased my knowledge of English, and my communication skills as well. While I initially believed I possessed a strong command of English, this module under the tutelage of Prof Brad, has given me a new perspective on writing, thought organization, and most importantly effective communication. As the trimester draws to a close, I have written a summary of my student performance below. 

 

In terms of punctuality, I have consistently attended every class, and always arrived on time, albeit late 1-5 minutes on occasion. Additionally, my submission of assignments was consistent with the schedule, and I have always dedicated my best efforts to their quality. 

 

In terms of class participation, it has always been a priority for me to be involved in class discussions such as answering questions when prompted to the best of my abilities and understanding or sharing my perspective and understanding on materials such as tips on presenting. Additionally, I have always maintained focus and not created a distraction while trying to foster a positive environment during lesson time such as listening attentively to others read a paragraph or delivering a mock presentation, or even greeting others at the start or end of the lesson. 

 

In terms of group activities, I approach it with a collaborative mindset such as: aligning myself to the group`s idea, sharing responsibilities among ourselves, and understanding my role in the team for us to achieve success whether in presentation or report writing. Additionally, I would engage in open dialogue with my team members by actively listening and acknowledging their opinions and insights, but also providing valuable input such as the possibility of including a map of the bins in the mobile application or utilizing a QR code during our presentation instead of printing the actual report to give out.

 

In terms of feedback, on the receiving end, I would always view it as valuable constructive advice, taking it on the chin and seeking further clarification when in doubt. On the giving end, I always remain objective and emphasize only areas that could be improved rather than unalterable aspects.


In summary, my performance as a student in this module is quantified as excellent punctuality, good class participation, good proactive approach to assignments, excellent communication in group activities, and lastly, excellent respectful and constructive engagement when giving or receiving feedback. Overall, I believe that I deserve the grade of "Good" for my student performance in this module.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts